Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Fall Fishing the Snake



This Fall's fishing so far has simply been amazing.  Everywhere I go, leaves are changing, brown trout are plentiful, and the autumn sun hangs low and provides a spectacular backdrop to this, my absolute favorite season of the year.



Recently on a groggy morning after a late-late Brew-pub Oktoberfest, I got a call from my guide buddy Dave Smith to hit up the Snake River dam for an afternoon float.  Without hesitation I got my gear together, rubbed the hangover out of my eyes, and met dave after remembering where the hell I had left my car and wallet.....

The fishing was great.  Browns were hot and jumped. A lot.  That was all that mattered.




Dave ended up hooking a nice lake trout and I couldn't help but notice that the ol' boy was the perfect size for filleting.  Took that mac home and made some awesome fish tacos that night.  




Great day.


I just returned from an epic South Fork and Henrys Fork camping trip so stay posted for that in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment